Demolition of Fire Damaged Roof
Greater Manchester, UK
Demolition of the fire damaged roof area of Wards 5 & 6 at Trafford General Hospital after a fire broke out at the hospital following a lightning strike during a heavy thunderstorm.
The project involved carefully removing fire damaged roof materials within a live hospital environmnet.
Scope of Works:
- Temporary propping and stability bracing prior to demolition
- Provision of fully enclosed scaffolding and drop shafts
- Reviews, inspections and remedial works to enable safe demolition
- Asbestos removal
- Work at height
- Careful dismantling of roof trusses, roof strucrure and ceiling
- Dismantling works carried out by hand due to sensitive location
- Demolition and removal of fire break walls down to 2nd floor level
"Thank you for the works you have completed. As mentioned when we were last on site, I have not heard a peep from my staff etc at the hospital which is perhaps unheard of during works of this nature! Please pass my thanks on to your site team."